Friday, April 1, 2011

Almond butter and jelly sandwich attack!

I love AB&J sandwiches. To me it's better then PB&J because i love almonds...plus they provide much more health benefits from what i read. Anyway, my favorite almond butters is Justin's Maple Almond Butter. It's all natural, heres the quick ingredients list; dry roasted almonds, maple sugar, organic palm fruit oil, sea salt. It's very good on toast, oatmeal, with an apple or banana. I like to buy the individual packets rather then a jar, because It helps me control my portions. On this day I tried a new brand called Barney Butter. The only difference in ingredients, evaporated cane juice vs maple syrup like Justin's has. Honestly I rather consume maple syrup, but ok, let's try something new. I can say it's alot smoother then Justin's which has a bit of a grainy texture. Barney Butter is much smoother and somewhat runny, similar to melted peanut butter. But the flavor is great. I spread some on sesame bread (Ezekiel sprouted grain) with a little strawberry jam and gulp!



No comments:

Post a Comment