Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Farewell to Udon Noodles

Today I woke up early and had no appetite to eat. Got on my exercise bike for 30 minutes, lifted some weights, 200 sit ups later...I need to eat. After workout, a protein shake always helps rebuild muscle, so I had that. For extra carbs I ate pumpkin flax cereal. Here's a picture of what I had for lunch; It's basically Udon noodles tossed in a ginger scallion sauce with chili garlic chicken and roasted vegetables. I sauted the chicken and vegetables separate to keep them from overcooking, then tossed it all together with the noodles. Garnished with Sriracha and toasted sesame seeds. So good. Quick and simple to make, I had many of the components ready in the fridge. The chicken had been marinating for over a day. Vegetables where leftover from yesterdays roasting, and I already had the ginger scallion sauce (made from scratch). Total of 15 minutes to prepare, made 2 servings. On a side note, I'm trying to stay away from using wheat products and this will probably be my last Udon noodle dish I make at home. At least the whole wheat version. I hope to find them made with sprouted grains, quinoa, or something along those lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment